CRITERIA FOR THE RECOMMENDATION OF NOMINEES FOR THE INTERNATIONAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARD TO THE RISA EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- This award will be presented to a Recording Artist
- The recipients will be decided by the members of the RiSA Executive Committee
- The nominees should have released physical and / or digital recordings in a territory outside of Southern Africa between1 February 2018 and 31 January 2019. Nominees should also have performed abroad in the same period and preferably achieved recognition by way of a music industry related award or nomination for an award. Furthermore, the nominees should have achieved a prolific media profile relative to the 3 other criteria mentioned above, those being release of recordings, performance & awards.
- Each nomination should be accompanied by a motivational letter. The letter should summarize the international achievements of the artist in question by referring to the artist’s achievements abroad, relative to sales, performances (touring), awards and media profile. This letter is the most important tool for informing the RiSA Executive Committee’s decision on which nominees to select as recipients of the award. The letter should therefore be drafted with that purpose in mind.
- The nominees may be required to prove the claims made in the motivational letter. It is therefore recommended that documents proving the achievements stated in the letter, be presented simultaneously with it. To that end the nominator should consider providing verifiable sales reports, written confirmation of venues and frequency of performance from promoters, certification of awards and samples of media exposure (press clippings, web articles etc.).
- Submissions deadline for nominee entries this year is Friday 22 March 2019 at 17:00
- All nominee entries must be submitted to the SAMA Administrator directly at email@example.com. Should you have any queries please contact Rets on (011) 886-1342/0732376341